Saturday, February 09, 2008

Pregnancy


Well, everyone has been begging for a picture of me pregnant. Here you go! I'm 9 months along and counting. :) I had my first cervical exam last week and would like to warn all women that they should ask specifically what that entails. Otherwise, the pregnancy is going great. We are thinking of hiring a Doula and I'm going to try to have a natural birth. I'm keeping my mind open just in case I feel like I'm suffering. Pain is fine, but suffering isn't worth it. I hear that natural labor is easier if you walk around, use a rocking chair, sit on a birthing ball, and do such things. We went to a Lamaze class yesterday and got some good ideas.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Katrina,

I've had four babies and everyone was different. The first I suffered through 13 hours of labor, finally agreed to an epidural which didn't work very well, and the whole thing ended in an emergency C-section anyway. The second took a little less time but again I was determined to do it naturally. After 8 hours I asked for an epidural which came a little too late to help me any since he was born right after I got it. The third, I was relaxed and allowed to stay in the jacuzzi tub up until the last half hour and never felt the need to have any pain relief (it only took 4 hours). My last one, woke me up at 6:30 in the morning with contractions and by the time I got to the hospital, I was tired of them and asked for an epidural immediately. The last two were my favorite births but I'm still not looking forward to the next one which will be happening in a couple of months. My advice is, it doesn't really matter, just get that baby out anyway you can.

Jean said...

P.S.

Brian thinks you should name him Messer after the German WWII Aircraft manufacturer MesserSchmitt.

aubrie said...

Look at you, Katrina, you look so cute pregnant! Congratulations! I think that Anthony Schmidt sounds like a very cute name, but I guess it depends on what he looks like and everything. Thanks for emailing me your blog link, I'm excited to look through it and be able to catch up with your life!

JohyneTaylorHill said...

Katrina,
You look so amazing! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your baby's first pictures. Hugs!!
~~Johyne'